Celebrating 50 years at Peaks of Otter!
Peaks of Otter Lodge will be hosting a variety of activities and events this season. Please check frequently to see what is happening.
Saturday, April 12 - Meet the Artists
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Plan a visit to Peaks of Otter Lodge and see local artists creating artwork of the area. You will see a work of art in progress with live demonstrations, weather permitting. Featured artists are Rachel Lawson, Susan Oller and Janet Wimmer. Artwork will be on display in the lodge from April through June.
Call 540-586-1081 the day of the event if inclement weather.
Saturday, April 26 - Earth Day and Peaks 50th Anniversary
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Plan a visit to Peaks of Otter Lodge and enjoy NPS guided hikes, kids activities and educational programs, wine tasting at the lodge and lots of pictures and memorabilia of the past 50 years.
Click here for details on the NPS guided hikes.
Call 540-586-1081 for more information on lodge activities.
- Peaks of Otter Winery
- Mountain Valley Produce
- Artisan Trail
- Maddie's Mountain Mud exhibit
- Rebecca, the "Singing Cowgirl", will be playing Cowboy Country and Gospel with an auto harp
- Root2Music - Nancy Reid and David Frank playing the roots of Appalachian Music where Celtic Fiddle meets downhome Blues
- Susan Watson will be discussing the ecology of Abbott Lake and the rare Peaks of Otter salamander
- Long time Peaks' employee Calvin Rice will be discussing/answering questions about the history of Peaks of Otter
- Dana Martin will be discussing how Peaks of Otter Lodge strives to protect the Environment
- Enjoy a blast from the past with our 1964 menu!