Peaks of Otter Lodge is committed to protecting the Blue Ridge Parkway and environment for future generations to enjoy and appreciate. That commitment has allowed Peaks of Otter Lodge to divert waste from landfills, reduce water consumption, reduce energy consumption and improve our processes to better care for the special environment we reside in.
Our pledge of stewardship and sustainability is designed to protect and conserve resources, while continuing to provide an exceptional guest experience. GreenPath, our stewardship platform touches every aspect of your visit, from recycled office paper, to sustainable cuisine, to a linen reuse program, we work continuously to set a new standard for efficiency and responsibility.
Peaks of Otter's Green Initiatives
- Recycling throughout the property
- Water Bottle Refilling Station
- Electric Car charging stations
- Dark Sky Outdoor Lighting
- Energy efficient hand dryers and low flow toilets in our restrooms
- Hiking trails and scenic views to encourage walking and healthy lifestyles
Lakeview Dining Room
- No Styrofoam to-go products. Only compostable, bio-degradable, or post-consumer products.
- A drinking water and sustainable straw request program
- Locally sourced grass-fed ground beef and fresh produce, as well as Sustainable Farm-Raised Trout and Cage-Free Eggs
- Composting of food waste and disposables
- Recycling Cardboard, Glass, Aluminum, Steel Can, and Plastic
- Serving bulk condiments
- Purchase Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance Coffee & Tea
- Recycling in the lodge rooms and breezeways
- Recycling K-Cups
- Participating in our Linen Reuse Program
- Eco-friendly bath amenities including bulk-size toiletries and optional shower timers
- Reduced water uses through low-flow shower heads and toilets.
- Paperless check-out to reduce paper use