Wi-Fi Coverage at Peaks Of Otter Lodge
Embrace the escape at Peaks of Otter Lodge on the Blue Ridge Parkway. There is limited connectivity at Peaks of Otter, but you'll find a better connection.
Experiencing the beauty of your surroundings at Peaks of Otter Lodge is awe-inspiring. However, given our remote location, please note that we have extremely limited bandwidth which results in very low connectivity for WiFi and cell phone reception (although land lines are available for you to call your loved ones back home).
Peaks of Otter is the perfect place to unplug and enjoy nature, spend time with family and friends, and live a little slower. It's not a great place to be online! Please note that any web browsing and email capability are not supported.
Instead, immerse yourself with nature and your surroundings, as you'll be far away from cell towers and wireless hot spots. If you're concerned about being "off the grid," let us help you put your fears to rest, and show you how embracing the lack of technology can make your trip even better!
What can I do with limited connectivity?
Great news: you're in luck! Peaks of Otter is best experienced "unplugged." Here are just a few of the many fun things you can do while disconnected.
- De-Stress and Unwind: Vacate the stresses of everyday life on your vacation! Studies have shown that use of social media sites can increase stress levels. Don't worry about what's happening in your news feed, and embrace the escape!
- Hike a Trail: Some of the Blue Ridge Parkway's most stunning trails are only a short distance away from Peaks of Otter Lodge, and trails are available for hikers of all skill levels. Learn more.
- Take Pictures: Your camera still works even if your phone doesn't get reception! Our landscape is studded with majestic mountains, tranquil lakes, and more.
- Go for a Scenic Drive: Take in the majesty of the Virginia countryside as you explore the Blue Ridge Parkway. Also known as "America's Favorite Drive", this National Scenic Byway is one of the most visited sections of the National Park System. Take the drive for yourself and you'll see why!
- Learn About Space: We have a full summer of engaging astronomy programs available at Peaks of Otter, featuring Greg Redfern, an adjunct professor/instructor of astronomy since 1984 and a NASA JPL Solar System Ambassador since 2003. Lean more.
- Explore Sharp Top Mountain: Sharp Top Mountain looms large in the Peaks of Otter landscape in more ways than one, and the view from the top is nothing short of breathtaking. If you don't feel like hiking the nearly 4,000 foot mountain, a shuttle service is also available with both round-trip and one-way options available. Learn more.
You may not have cell phone reception at Peaks of Otter Lodge, but if anyone needs to reach you during your stay, they can call the hotel at 540-586-1081. You will also be able to call your loved ones back home from our land lines.